Yorkshire Pudding Recipe
Learn how to make this crisp English specialty.
Add a British twist to a late morning favourite
Hot and fresh out the kitchen, the LC team is pro at cranking out pan after pan of pillowy Yorkies, the base for our Yorkshire Eggs Benny. Drizzle a respectable amount of Chef Ryan’s silky beer Hollandaise over plump, poached eggs and get ready to dive deep into a brunch lovers dream.
Not about that made-from-scratch breakfast life? We get it, lazy mornings are the best. Roll out of bed, head down to Liberty Village and let chef cook you up a fresh Benny, available exclusively during weekend brunch.
1 1/3 cups milk
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
3 whole eggs
1 egg white
1 tbsp salt
Fat for cooking
- Preheat oven to 425°F (low fan if using a convection oven). Add cooking fat to your cooking vessels (muffin tins, hotel pans or cast iron skillets) and heat until smoking hot. We recommend beef drippings, but canola oil works great also.
- Blend milk, whole eggs and egg white with an immersion blender.
- Add flour and salt in quarters and blend until smooth.
- Once the cooking vessel is smoking hot, open the oven door and fill vessels with batter.
- Close the door. DO NOT open again.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow it to rest on cooling racks.
To make our Yorkshire Eggs Benny, poach a couple eggs, add some Capicola ham and top it all off chef’s beer Hollandaise recipe. Finish with chives or green onions.