Brunch So Hard
How to Make the Perfect Beer Hollandaise!
Easy like Sunday morning
Want to brush up on your brunch game at home? Impress your friends, girlfriend, or that one night stand by whisking together Chef Ryan’s rich, airy Hollandaise sauce – perfect for drizzling over perfectly poached Eggs Benny (or just about anything).
This is an easy recipe to screw up, so if you do happen to scramble your yolks, no judgment! Just come on down to the LC and we’ll make you right at home.
1 cup unsalted butter
4 egg yolks
½ tsp grainy Dijon mustard
1 tbsp beer vinegar
- Melt butter and leave at room temperature.
- Over a pot of simmer water, whisk egg yolks and beer vinegar in a bowl, constantly making sure to touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Continue cooking until the yolks are light, fluffy, and smooth. (Pro Tip: you know they are ready when it can hold a figure eight shape from the whisk for 8 seconds)
- Remove from heat, pour out the water from the pot and return bowl to the top of the pot.
- While whisking, slowly pour the butter into the yolks, making sure not to add too much too fast otherwise the sauce will split.
- When all the butter is added and emulsified, add mustard, lemon juice and salt (to taste).
- Keep the bowl of sauce in a warm place until ready to serve, covered with cling wrap.